BUILD HEALTH CHALLENGE 2019 CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The BUILD Health Challenge is looking to support dynamic collaboratives driving sustainable improvements in community health in 2019!
With a specific focus on strengthening partnerships between community-based organizations, hospitals and health systems, local health departments, and others, the BUILD Health Challenge awards are designed to support collaborations ready to put Bold, Upstream, Integrated, Local, Data-Driven (learn more about the BUILD Principles) plans into action.
A Call for Applications will be released in the first quarter of 2019 in search of awardees for an all new third cohort. Kicking off in the fall of 2019, this award cycle will continue for two-and-a-half years. Awardees will be eligible to receive up to $250,000 in funding from the BUILD Health Challenge, have access to dedicated capacity building support, and join a national peer network.
Sign up for the BUILD newsletter (complete form below) to be the first to know about eligibility requirements and when the call for applications is released in early 2019.
Organizations jointly applying for a BUILD Health Challenge award should have a strong track record of working together; have developed their joint priorities and implementation plans with strong levels of community engagement and leadership; and be primed to advance equitable systems-level changes in their community. (See examples of current and past awardees.) Competitive applications will also prioritize health equity and focus on population level health outcomes. The BUILD Health Challenge award is not an appropriate vehicle for initiatives that are primarily service-oriented or focused on individualized access or care.
If this sounds like it may be of interest to your organization, consider the following:
- Applications will require participation by a collaborative that includes a community-based organization in the lead, as well as a hospital or health system, and a local public health department.
- The participating hospital(s) or health system(s) must demonstrate a 1:1 match met through direct cash support or a combination of cash and in-kind support totaling up to $250,000. Matching commitments do not need to be formalized by the initial application
- Not every community may be eligible to apply. Additional criteria and eligibility requirements (such as population) will be detailed in the Call for Applications.
BUILD Health Challenge will conduct a series of webinars and information sessions related to the award once the Call for Applications has been released. In the meantime, if you have preliminary questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAST APPLICATION OPPORTUNITIES
Community Health Capacity Building Initiative – Call for Applications
(Application deadline extended for organizations serving Maxton, NC. Application portal closes October 14, 2018, at 5:00 PM ET)
The BUILD Health Challenge, with support from Campbell Soup Company, is offering a unique opportunity for communities to build their capacity for addressing upstream health challenges. Using the BUILD principles grounded in health equity as the framework for this training, participants will gain dynamic insights into how their community can effectively drive sustainable improvements in community health.
We are specifically looking for organizations based in, or serving, Camden, NJ, Charlotte, NC, or Maxton, NC.
(If you are from outside these communities, you may still sign up for the webinars – registration link below.)
Selected participants will have the opportunity to participate in:
- A specialized webinar series focused on the BUILD Principles and broader themes related to advancing systems change, policy shifts, and upstream efforts.
- Exclusive in-person convening in Camden, NJ, featuring workshops and peer networking opportunities to support your promotion of community health.
- A follow up call or video conference with experts who can help you understand and apply learnings from this initiative.
If selected, participants will receive a variety of training opportunities. This initiative does not include a financial award.
Applying and/or participation in this initiative will not result in any preference or favorability in the consideration or selection of any future BUILD Health Challenge awards.
For any questions, email email@example.com.
Want to keep in touch with BUILD to learn about future opportunities? Sign up for our newsletter below!