Community Health Capacity Building Initiative – Call for Applications
(Closes September 30, 2018, at 5:00 PM ET)
The BUILD Health Challenge, with support from Campbell Soup Company, is offering a unique opportunity for communities to build their capacity for addressing upstream health challenges. Using the BUILD principles grounded in health equity as the framework for this training, participants will gain dynamic insights into how their community can effectively drive sustainable improvements in community health.
We are specifically looking for organizations based in, or serving, Camden, NJ, Charlotte, NC, or Maxton, NC.
(If you are from outside these communities, you may still sign up for the webinars – registration link below.)
Selected participants will have the opportunity to participate in:
- A specialized webinar series focused on the BUILD Principles and broader themes related to advan
- cing systems change, policy shifts, and upstream efforts.
- Exclusive in-person convening in Camden, NJ, featuring workshops and peer networking opportunities to support your promotion of community health.
- A follow up call or video conference with experts who can help you understand and apply learnings from this initiative.
If selected, participants will receive a variety of training opportunities. This initiative does not include a financial award.
Successful completion of this initiative will result in:
- Increased knowledge of the BUILD principles and how to apply them.
- Better overall understanding of how to drive sustainable improvements in community health through policy shifts and systems change.
- Access to specialized resources focused on tackling upstream health challenges (e.g., data sharing, collaborations, health equity).
- Access to peer network of other community based organizations working on similar goals in community health (local and national).
- Increased readiness to apply for programs and grants focused on transforming upstream community health challenges.
To be eligible for this initiative, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a representative from a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization; hospital or health system; or public health department. (Applicants and their organization’s need not be working specifically on health related issues or have a health-focused mission. Outside industries (e.g., housing, food, transportation, etc.) are encouraged to apply!)
- Organization is based in, or serves, one of the following communities: Camden, NJ; Charlotte, NC; or Maxton, NC.
- Have a history or interest in working on upstream health issues.
- Be interested in applying for funding or resources related to upstream health programs (e.g., BUILD Health Challenge or others).
- Have a representative who can commit to 10-12 hours for virtual trainings and phone calls as well as one full day in person in Camden, NJ, over the course of September to March 2019.
- Webinar #1, scheduled for October 24 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET
- Webinar #2, schedule for October 31 from 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET
- In-person convening, scheduled for November 9, 2018, in Camden, NJ
- (Time commitment cannot be split up among several representatives. Participants from Maxton, NC, will receive a subsidy to travel to Camden, NJ.)
- Go to: https://www.grantinterface.com/Home/Logon?urlkey=buildhealthchallenge
- Click “Create New Account” and enter the required individual and organizational information to complete your profile. (If your organization is not a non-profit, please enter “12-3456789” as your EIN.)
- Once you are logged in, click “Apply” at the top of the dashboard.
- Enter Campbells in the Access Code box.
- Click the “Apply” button.
- Complete and submit your application. You will receive an email verification of submission. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder.
If you are not eligible to apply, but want to participate in any of the webinars, click on the links below to register. No application required:
About the BUILD Health Challenge: October 24, 2018 @ 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET
Deep Dive Into Upstream Approaches to Community Health: October 31, 2018 @ 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET
For additional background on this opportunity, download the following packet: Community Health Capacity Building Initiative_Final.
Organizations are encouraged to apply as a team, with multiple representatives participating in the webinars. However, only one representative per participating organization will be invited to attend the in-person convening.
Applying and/or participation in this initiative will not result in any preference or favorability in the consideration or selection of any future BUILD Health Challenge awards.
For any questions, email email@example.com.
Want to keep in touch with BUILD to learn about future opportunities? Sign up for our newsletter below!