Thank you for your interest in BUILD.
The application period for BUILD’s Fourth Cohort closed on June 30, 2022.
As a BUILD community, your team will be part of a special cohort leading the way to the creation of a new norm in the U.S. — one that advances health equity and racial justice by centering multi-sector and community-driven partnerships.
ABOUT THE AWARD
The Challenge: Good health is the foundation of a thriving community. Yet not everyone in America is afforded the opportunity to achieve their optimal level of health, due to systems, policies, and practices grounded in racism that create and perpetuate inequities.
BUILD seeks to support communities in their efforts to advance health equity—to ensure that everyone is able to achieve their full health potential.
The Award: With a specific focus on strengthening cross-sector and community-driven partnerships, BUILD awards are designed to support collaborations ready to put Bold, Upstream, Integrated, Local, Data-Driven plans into action.
For the fourth cohort, BUILD is looking to support up to 19 innovative community collaboratives that include a: 1) community-based organization, 2) hospital/health system and/or health plan, 3) public health department, and 4) residents, who are all working together to address upstream challenges and drive sustainable improvements in community health.
Each award includes:
- Up to $300,000 in funding over three years
- A robust array of coaching and support services
- Specialized trainings and capacity-building opportunities
- Participation in a national network of peers engaged in similar work
- Opportunity to spotlight your local work on a national level
Resources: Looking for more information about how to get BUILD-ready? Here are resources that can help you start preparing your own BUILD plan:
- Getting BUILD Ready Guide: This collection of tools and resources aims to deepen understanding of bold, upstream, integrated, local, and data driven principles, with the end goal of supporting the implementation of strategies that advance health equity.
- BUILD Community Stories: Want to know what a BUILD community looks like, or how they think about and apply the BUILD framework to support systems level changes? Check out these profiles as shared by BUILD 3.0 communities from across the country.
- BUILD 4.0 Call for Applications(closed on June 30, 2022)
Funding Collaborative: BUILD 4.0 is made possible thanks to the generous support of BUILD’s funding collaborative, which includes leading health-focused organizations working together to drive sustainable improvements in community health: